Endoscopic treatment of difficult choledocholithiasis

Belvedere, Barbara and Frattaroli, Stefano and Carbone, Antonella and Viceconte, Giovanni (2012) Endoscopic treatment of difficult choledocholithiasis. Il giornale di chirurgia, 33 (5). pp. 191-193. ISSN 1971-145X

article(47).pdf - Published Version

Download (1MB)
Official URL: http://www.giornalechirurgia.it/materiale_cic/613_...


Common bile duct stones can be treated with normal endoscopic techniques. Where stones cannot be removed due to their size or number or due to stenosis of the common bile duct, a plastic stent can be inserted, enabling rapid drainage of bile. At the three-month check-up complete removal of the stones was found in 41 (85.4%) of the 48 patients with difficult choledocholithiasis. In the remaining 7 patients (14.6%), the stent in any case resulted in clinical improvement. A permanent stent was necessary in 4 patients, enabling safe drainage with no complications. The use of endoscopy for stent placement was effective in all our cases of difficult coledocholithiasis without any complications.

Item Type: Article
Uncontrolled Keywords: Common bile duct - Stones - Stent - Endoscopy
Subjects: 600 Tecnologia - Scienze applicate > 610 Medicina e salute (Classificare qui la tecnologia dei servizi medici) > 617 Rami vari della medicina; Chirurgia
Depositing User: Nadia Del Gobbo
Date Deposited: 16 Jun 2016 10:43
Last Modified: 16 Jun 2016 10:43
URI: http://eprints.bice.rm.cnr.it/id/eprint/7931

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item